[Haskell] [ANNOUNCE] network-address-0.2.0

Ivan Lazar Miljenovic ivan.miljenovic at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 04:35:15 CEST 2011

On 8 September 2011 12:19, Conrad Parker <conrad at metadecks.org> wrote:

> given that readAddress can parse the output of showAddress, and
> readSubnet can parse the output of showSubnet, is there any reason not
> to use these for the implementation of Show and Read instances?

My guess is that since showAddress and readsAddress are class-based,
there might be some defaulting issues if you use them.  Also, unless
the constructor isn't exported, isn't it usually preferable to have
Show and Read instances produce/use actual values directly?

--
Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
Ivan.Miljenovic at gmail.com
IvanMiljenovic.wordpress.com