[Haskell] Departmental Lectureship vacancy in Software Engineering Programme, University of Oxford

Jeremy.Gibbons at cs.ox.ac.uk Jeremy.Gibbons at cs.ox.ac.uk
Tue Aug 7 20:10:58 CEST 2012

[I sent this announcement a few hours ago, but I'm afraid that the URL for the further details was incorrect. Corrected version attached. My apologies for the annoyance. -jg]

We have a vacancy in the Software Engineering Programme for a Departmental Lecturer, for a fixed term of four years from 1st December or as soon as possible thereafter. The SEP offers part-time professional education to practitioners in industry; there are two MSc degrees, one in Software Engineering and one in Software and Systems Security.

The main responsibility is to teach or assist on courses in core subject areas such as object-oriented programming and design, software testing, model-driven engineering, and data representation and retrieval. The post is intended as a career development position for a junior academic; applicants should have or be just about to complete a doctoral degree in computer science or software engineering, and the contract will not be renewable after the four years.

You can read more about the SEP at

  http://www.softeng.ox.ac.uk/

The full details of the position are here:

  https://www.recruit.ox.ac.uk/pls/hrisliverecruit/erq_jobspec_version_4.jobspec?p_id=103732

The application closing date is 21st September.

Please feel free to write to me if you have any queries.

Jeremy Gibbons
Professor of Computing
Director of Software Engineering Programme
www.cs.ox.ac.uk/jeremy.gibbons
jeremy.gibbons at cs.ox.ac.uk