[Haskell] ANNOUNCE: pretty-tree

Ivan Lazar Miljenovic ivan.miljenovic at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 14:58:55 CEST 2012

For a project I'm working on, I got sick of writing out trees by hand.
 Data.Tree has a drawTree function, but whilst it's better than
nothing, I prefer a more top-down "traditional" approach to drawing
trees.

So I wrote a package to do just that:
http://hackage.haskell.org/package/pretty-tree

(I didn't think to check whether diagrams had capabilities to do so
until after I finished, though in this case I prefer a textual
approach anyway.)

I'm more than happy to consider adding other forms of drawing trees
(though off-hand I can't think of any), or of course you can send me
patches since I'm taking advantage of the nice new shiny hub.darcs.net
(thanks Darcs team!).

I was going to put an example here but it only really comes out nicely
if you're using a monospaced font, so have a look at the Haddock docs
for the module once Hackage builds it (in hindsight, I should probably
have come up with better labels before releasing the package... oh
well :)

--
Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
Ivan.Miljenovic at gmail.com