[Haskell] [Haskell.org GSoC] Accepted Proposals

Edward Kmett ekmett at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 20:56:58 UTC 2014

I'm pleased to announce the list of accepted student proposals for
haskell.org for the Google Summer of Code 2014.

   Title Student Mentor  Adding profiling support to GHCJS -- JavaScript
backend for GHC Ömer Sinan Aǧacan Luite Stegeman  Concurrent Lock-Free Hash
Map for Haskell Mathias Bartl Ryan Newton  Darcs: Hashed Files and Cache Marcio
Díaz Eric Kow  HDBC Improvements Edisach Nicolas Wu  Darcs: History
reordering: performance and features Ale Gadea Guillaume Hoffmann  Implement
Constraint-Based Layout in Diagrams Allan Gardner Daniel Bergey  Lensify
Diagrams Niklas Haas Brent Yorgey  An Efficient Computational Algebra and
Symbolic Linear Algebra Library in Haskell Hiromi ISHII Edward Kmett  Complete
plugins-ng "low-level", "filewatch", and "cabal" packages Kẏra Greg
Weber  Build
Interactive Websites with GHCJS and Sodium Kyle Raftogianis Luite
Stegeman  Pandoc
improvements: Embedded base64 images and EPUB 3.0 reader Matthew Pickering John
MacFarlane  Agda-like Interaction Mode for Emacs Alejandro Serrano David
Raymond Christiansen  Debugging tool for GHCJS Nathan van Doorn Luite
Stegeman  Flesh out features of Hackage 2 Chris Wong Duncan Coutts
You can explore the abstracts of the accepted proposals at

http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/org2/google/gsoc2014/haskell

I would like to take a moment to offer congratulations to all of the
students we were able to accept into the program this year.

That said, I would also like to offer my condolences to those students whom
we were not able to bring into the program. We received 14 slots in total
this year - more than we ever received in past years - yet still not nearly
enough to accept all of the excellent proposals we received this time
around. Please consider applying again next year.

I am looking forward to working with you on another Summer of Code, and I
hope we can all make an effort as a community to be welcoming and to help
you in your projects.

If you have any questions or concerns about the process, please feel free
to email me or chase me down on #haskell-gsoc on irc.freenode.net.

-Edward Kmett