[Haskell] [ANN] yocto-0.1.2

Alvaro J. Genial genial at alva.ro
Tue Jan 28 19:57:02 UTC 2014

Howdy,

I'd like to present a minimal JSON encoding/decoding library:

  http://hackage.haskell.org/package/yocto-0.1.2

>From the README:

Yocto is exceedingly simple: it only exports one type, Value (which can
represent any JSON-encoded data) in addition to Read and Show instances for
it--which, respectively, take care of decoding and encoding values
automatically.

It's worth mentioning that Yocto handles numbers as Rationals rather than
Doubles, which makes it faithful to the JSON standard and lets it handle
rational numbers of arbitrary magnitude and precision.

The name is a play on metric unit prefixes: AttoJson is a tiny JSON
library, and Yocto is even smaller. (The entire implementation fits in
fewer than 80 lines x 80 columns.)

[It is meant primarily for interactive use and one-offs, which is how I'm
handwaving hijacking Read and Show.]

Anyway, I hope you find it useful; the code lives here:

  https://github.com/ajg/yocto

Alvaro
http://alva.ro