[Haskell] ANNOUNCE: jhc-0.8.1

John Meacham john at repetae.net
Mon May 12 19:40:48 UTC 2014

Hi, I need to update that page, I compile it with the ubuntu ghc and
the ubuntu packaged ones. Can you tell me what libraries you are
having issues with? the ./configure should tell you the names of any
that I expected might be an issue, I'll actually update it to check
and report on everything consistently. even ones I expect to come with
ghc. If there are compatibility issues between versions that's a bug I
can fix. (usually just a 'hiding' or explicit import will fix any such
issue)

as for the packages i've been testing with

fgl,regex-compat,bytestring,binary,mtl,containers,unix,utf8-string,zlib,HsSyck,filepath,process,syb,old-time,pretty.
Specific versions should not matter from anything back in ghc 7.2 days
to now, if there is a bug where it won't compile with a version
expected to be found in the wild, please feel free to report it.

    John

John Meacham - http://notanumber.net/