Positional cues or not

Marcin 'Qrczak' Kowalczyk mk167280@students.mimuw.edu.pl
Mon, 12 Feb 2001 12:26:14 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 12 Feb 2001, John Meacham wrote:

> Another reason to use a distinctive document style is that comments
> are often used to do things like block out unwanted code, or comment
> out blocks which are not needed in hugs say but are in ghc (under the
> presumption someone will go in and edit it later).

These are always {- -}. I would use end-of-line comments for all kinds of
documentation.

We have more choices than the number of introducing dashes:

-- This is Manuel's style of comments.
-- Note the empty comment below:
--
foo :: Some -> Interesting -> Type

For example we could simply decide that a documentation comment must come
just before the type signature, without intervening all-whitespace line.
Comments for larger blocks of definitions have at least one empty line
after them and would be skipped.

--
Marcin 'Qrczak' Kowalczyk