ANNOUNCE: Haddock version 0.2, a Haskell documentation tool

Sven Panne Sven.Panne@informatik.uni-muenchen.de
Sun, 12 May 2002 20:50:38 +0200

Cool!

I've just started to write "real" documentation for HOpenGL, and it's
very easy to get nice HTML docs with Haddock. Great job! Just two
remarks:

    * The layout of documented constructors and record fields is a bit
      heavyweight IMHO, almost a screenfull of lines for common constructs.
      I understand the current rationale, but nevertheless, does anybody
      have nice ideas for producing the more common "tabular" layout found
      in so many source files like:

         data Blah =    -- The Blah type does blah blah blah...
              Foo Int   -- Comment for Foo
            | Bar Float -- Comment for Blah

    * Having doc strings for function arguments would be high on my
      personal wishlist. I know it's already in the TODO, and after
      trying to implement it for myself and getting myriads of S/R
      conflicts, I probably understand why it's still there...  :-]
      The former remark would hold for this type of documentation,
      too, BTW.

Cheers,
    S.