Unacceptable result type in FFI

Neal Alexander wqeqweuqy at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 7 21:10:49 EST 2009

David Waern wrote:
> 2008/12/4 Neal Alexander <wqeqweuqy at hotmail.com>:
>> David Waern wrote:
>>> Sorry, I forgot about this thread. Do you still have this problem?
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> David
>> Yea, i haven't tried to fix it since then though.
>
> I took a look at this problem again, and I think I nailed down to a
> GHC bug (but you can never be sure):
>
>   http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/3008
>
> David

Thanks for looking at it again.

I tried passing -O* to ghc through haddock but it doesn't seem to do
anything.

So I figured i'd try replacing the imports at the top of files with
something like:

import Graphics.Rendering.OGL.Monad hiding (GL)
import Control.Monad
import Control.Monad.Trans

newtype GL a = GL (IO a) deriving (Functor, Monad, MonadIO)

Which fixes the error, but GL and Graphics.Rendering.OGL.Monad.GL aren't
treated as equivalent.

I just generated the documentation with an older version and linked it
on the package's wiki page so its not a big deal either way.

I'm pretty sure its GHC's fault not haddock.