[HOpenGL] Weird solution... but it worked! (was: HOpenGL-1.01 feedback)

Andre W B Furtado awfurtado@uol.com.br
Thu, 1 Nov 2001 00:14:39 -0200

The good news: copying /usr/include/GL to PATH_TO_5.02\include\mingw\GL
makes HOpenGL find <GL/glut.h> correctly (I don't have to use the absolute
path anymore).

The bad news: modifying aclocal.m4 (and trying a lot of other things) in
order to make HOpenGL recognize the library "lglut32" instead of "lglut" was
not successful. The examples still call for glut.dll when executed in
Windows Explorer and for opengl.dll when executed in the cygwin shell.

The really good news: I tried to make things work by copying glut32.dll to
the examples directory, and renaming it to glut.dll and (surprise!)
everything worked well. This is not the best way to make the examples run,
I'm sure, but at least it worked. (I think Edson should try the same
thing...)

There's still a doubt: how to make the "configure" step recognize glut32
instead of glut? In other words, how do I "unistall" the older glut version?

-- Andre