[HOpenGL] Need help with compiling HOpenGL

Sven Panne Sven_Panne@BetaResearch.de
Mon, 29 Oct 2001 11:11:41 +0100

Denver wrote:
> [...] However, when I did a 'make depend' it comes out an error.
> 'GL_BinaryIO.hs: can't locate import 'IOExts''
> Please help me on how to fix this.  Any help appreciated.

OK,

as a short-term solution for CVS-less people working with ghc-5.02
I've made a quick-and-dirty compatibility release available at

   http://www.informatik.uni-muenchen.de/~Sven.Panne/haskell_libs/HOpenGL/HOpenGL-1.01.tar.gz

I've tested it only under Linux so far, but it should work when you have
cygwin, too. A "./configure ; make depend ; make" should do the job. You
could add --with-glut-api=4 to configure's commandline to get a few more
recent GLUT features. I'd like to get some feedback before "officially"
announcing a new release...

I'm trying to put together a ZIP file with pre-configured files for people
having only ghc-5.02 on WinDoze available. I've already seen one strange
thing with mingw: Although it comes with the relevant lib*.a files, the
OpenGL headers are missing. :-( But hopefully cygwin's header will work,
too, so I could simply ship them in the ZIP file.

This is really a quick hack with the aim to keep the API the same as it
was in 1.00, only the Addr type and the BinaryIO stuff has gone away.
Ptr and IOExts have everything you need, anyway. Testing went quite fine,
only NURBS seems to be a bit broken. :-} Note that 1.01 will probably
*not* work with older GHCs. *sigh* Versionitis strikes again...

Cheers,
   S.