[HOpenGL] 2 simple questions...

Sven Panne Sven_Panne@BetaResearch.de
Mon, 29 Oct 2001 11:22:38 +0100

Andre W B Furtado wrote:
> [...] they would like to know if it is possible to work with C/C++
> code AND issue some calls to HOpenGL routines. Is it possible? Or the
> only way is to work around with the FFI?

I'm not sure if I understand you correctly: Do you want to write the
engine in Haskell or C/C++?

> 2. People were surprised when I told that GLUT (the one that "came with"
> HOpenGL) supports joystick. They said that it normally doesn't. So here
> comes my second question: is the joystick support a specific HOpenGL
> functionality?

Nope, it's a WinDoze-specific part of GLUT. It's really a shame that
GLUT is not being developed any further, due to some silly copyright
stuff and Mark Kilgard's strange attitude towards releasing it to the
open source community. :-( Adding e.g. X11 joystick support would
basically be a piece of cake...

Cheers,
   S.