[HOpenGL] Stable version

Sven Panne Sven_Panne@BetaResearch.de
Fri, 20 Dec 2002 09:12:39 +0100

I wrote:
> Hmmm, HOpenGL 1.03 > (http://haskell.org/HOpenGL/releases/HOpenGL-1.03.tar.gz,
> just to be sure) works with with all official releases of GHC 5.04
> (5.04, 5.04.1, 5.04.2), at least on the platforms I have access to
> (x86 Linux, WinDoze+Cygwin, SPARC-Solaris). [...]

*aaaargl* I've just noticed that the WinDoze release of 5.04.2 doesn't
include the GL headers (in mingw\include), while 5.04.1 does!    >:-(
This is a showstopper for HOpenGL, at least for Joe User.

Simon, Sigbjorn: Is there a quick way to fix this? I can see 3 ways:

   * Repackage 5.04.2 with the missing headers

   * Make the missing headers available via an *.msi or *.zip

   * Release 5.04.3 soon

Some kind of regression test for those headers would be nice, too.

Sorry for my previous misinformation, but testing the whole (hyper-)cube
of GHC versions, platforms, GL versions, ... is sometimes a bit too much. :-[

Cheers,
   S.