[HOpenGL] HOpenGL1.02 on Sun's?

C.Reinke C.Reinke@ukc.ac.uk
Fri, 07 Jun 2002 15:06:25 +0100

Is anyone using HOpenGL1.02 on Sun's? Normally, I develop on
windows, but I wanted to check portability, and there seem to be
some discrepancies in the main include file (GL/gl.h):

  .. `GL_TEXTURE_BINDING_3D' undeclared ..

Under cygwin/windows and linux, this is in GL/gl.h, and according to
my reading of the OpenGL spec, it seems part of the update to 1.2
(it's hidden in some table as GL_TEXTURE_BINDING_xD, where x should
presumably include 3 now).

We've updated our OpenGL installation to the newest available from
the Sun site, but the problem persists. Strangely, I can't find any
references to this problem on the web/in the newsgroups, so I assume
that either noone is using this, or everyone else has a different
include file. The Sun docs also don't seem to mention this as an
instance of non-conformance.

If you're working on Sun's, even if you haven't tried to install
HOpenGL1.02 there yet, could you please check your GL/gl.h for the
above constant, and let me know?

(Oddly enough, GL_TEXTURE_3D *is* defined..)

If that's the only glitch, I could probably try HOpenGL1.01, which
is what I'm using elsewhere and which didn't use this, or remove the
relevant bits from the HOpenGL1.02 distribution. But that doesn't
look right, and as Sun is a member of the OpenGL ARB, I'd expect
them to have a spec-conforming implementation!-)

Thanks,
Claus