[HOpenGL] ambiguous instructions in HOpenGL install

Sven Panne Sven_Panne@BetaResearch.de
Wed, 15 May 2002 08:28:06 +0200

Anna Brotto wrote:    <= ??? Andre ???  :-)
> [..] Shouldn't these two installing instructions sources be more
> consistent (or more clear)? Or am I too rigorous with this?

Ooops, a small oversight in the INSTALL file: The target "install"
depends on "all", so you don't have to issue a "make all" (or the
equivalent "make") before a "make install".

Things should be even easier if you have GNU make (IIRC), because it
is smart enough to re-read included Makefile fragments if they have
changed due to the execution of a rule. So for GNU make you can simply
say "make depend all" or "make depend install". But I haven't tested
that...

Cheers,
   S.