[HOpenGL] GHCi and HOpenGL again

Sven Panne Sven_Panne@BetaResearch.de
Fri, 04 Oct 2002 09:28:06 +0200

Magnus Lindberg wrote:
> [...] Did you say that GHCi and HOpenGL works with Linux and Unix however
> if one adds --auto-ghci-libs ?

Well, almost: GHCi's dynamic loader has a problem loading the GLUT library
on my Linux, but I didn't have a closer look at that.

> [...] (Guess there is no way to get HOpenGL working with Hugs since it
> doesn't even work with GHCi ?)

If I interpret the rumours correctly, there will be a new Hugs release
very soon, implementing the new FFI. So probably there will be a way,
but not yet.

> Here comes some text from the bulid (perhaps you know what the error
> building GHCi library `$libdir/HOpenGL.o'...ld: cannot open output
> file $libdir/HOpenGL.o: No such file or directory
>  done.

Hmmm, a quick guess would be that this is a bug in ghc-pkg, but I can't
tell at the moment. I'll have a look at the weekend.

Cheers,
   S.