[HOpenGL] still trying

Andre Furtado awfurtado@homelink.com.br
Tue, 4 Feb 2003 23:48:57 -0200

I'm feeling a bit frustrated (and perhaps stupid... :-]) for not being able
to figure out the solution for my HOpenGL compilation problems... I really
wonder why cygwin doesn't recognize a simple command like "ghc --version"
anymore, and insists that I need to put a ".exe" suffix when trying to run
every executable file  (i.e., "ghc.exe --version" works). In the ./configure
step, I get the message "No Haskell compiler not found" and I'm sure it is
not related to the PATH, since it is set correctly. Perhaps this ".exe"
problem has something to do with the error...

Previous attempts to reinstall cygwin (including removing it from windows98
register and installing it again) were not successful: the ".exe" problem
still happens.

I followed all steps in
http://www.pms.informatik.uni-muenchen.de/mitarbeiter/panne/cygwin/opengl_gl
ut.html and previous emails, but I think I'm stuck in something earlier.

Any suggestions are highly welcome, as always.

Cheers,
-- Andre