[HOpenGL] Starting it all over again

John Sincock jss@au.mensa.org
Wed, 8 Jan 2003 11:24:20 +1030

Andre,

you can also install your GL and glut headers under:
/usr/local/include/GL/
and they should also be found automatically.

Sounds like Ron is right tho, you are missing the glut libs, or they cannot
be found.Try searching your computer for anything that looks like a libglut
(im not sure what the extension wil be under cygwin)

If you dont have it hopefully the cygwin opengl package will work for you.
If it contains the glut....

If the cygwin opengl package contains just the base GL and GLU stuff,
as i suspect it might, you can get the glut directly from:

http://www.opengl.org/developers/documentation/glut/glut-3.7.tar.gz
http://www.opengl.org/developers/documentation/glut/glut37.zip

Dont worry those are proper links to source code, not just glut documentation!

Then have a go at compiling and installing that. I dont know that it works
on cygwin but with some luck it will.

If you get glut installed somewhere and HOpenGL still cant find your
glut libs, you may need to give the configure script a bit of help -- as
I did after I installed my glut in /usr/local/lib/glut/ eg:

#in your HOpenGL source directory
LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/lib/glut" ./configure
make depend
make
#as root
make install