[HOpenGL] WinXP, ghc-6.0.1, HOpenGL-1.05 .. problems

C.Reinke C.Reinke at kent.ac.uk
Wed Nov 12 16:32:44 EST 2003

Having upgraded to ghc-6.0.1 since I last used HOpenGL,
I once again embarked on re-installing..

  - ghc-6.0.1 seems to lack GL/glut.h? copied that in..

  - tons of warnings (most but not all about deprecation)

  - no errors stopping configure/make depend/make/make install..

    there seem to be hidden errors, though, starting in
    make depend right after the green-card calls:

      cut: /cygdrive/c/ghc/ghc-6.0.1/bin/ghc: No such file or directory

    (`which ghc` on cygwin delivers the filename without .exe,
     but even if I add the suffix for cut, and try it out on the
     commandline, the filter doesn't find anything; I've got a
     feeling of deja vu on this one, btw..)

  - no Graphics.UI.GLUT in sight after install?

I remember that ghc-5.04.2 with HOpenGL-1.04 and the usual patches
worked without (visible) problems, so before I look for what is
going wrong on my system, I just wanted to check whether the
Subject-configuration is known to work on other people's systems?

Cheers,
Claus

PS. Perhaps I shouldn't be looking at these old versions anyway,
    but this is still what HOpenGL users are most likely to have.

    Are there any plans for when the cvs-version will take over?
    And do I have a chance of building the cvs-version of HOpenGL
    without building any of the other stuff in fptools (ie. can
    I just use ghc-6.0.1 binary release to build it)?