[HOpenGL] Blend equations

Sven Panne Sven.Panne at aedion.de
Wed Apr 26 03:45:52 EDT 2006

Am Sonntag, 23. April 2006 18:11 schrieb Gunnar Kedenburg:
> blendEquation $= ... has no effect on my system, ghc 6.4.1/6.4.2 with
> this GL implementation:
>
> OpenGL vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation
> OpenGL renderer string: GeForce 6600 GT/PCI/SSE2/3DNOW!
> OpenGL version string: 2.0.2 NVIDIA 87.56

What platform are you using? Does the BlendEqn example from

   http://darcs.haskell.org/packages/GLUT/examples/RedBook/BlendEqn.hs

work? Is blending enabled at all? (blend $= Enabled) A short example program
demonstrating the problem might help, too.

> It works from C though.
>
> By the way, it would be so great to have GLSL support in HOpenGL. Any
> chance to see it soon?

The "Yellow Book" is already on my desk... :-) I definitely intend to support
GLSL in the OpenGL package, but if soon means "in the next few weeks", then
the answer is "no". The GLSL API is not that small, so the implementation
will very probably be done in a few iterations.

Cheers,
   S.