[HOpenGL] Segfaults on MouseWheel

Hendrik Iben hiben at informatik.uni-bremen.de
Fri Jul 20 02:44:54 EDT 2007

Hi,

I've been experimenting some time with the OpenGL and GLUT bindings and
there is one thing I do not understand.
While I've read trough the archive and understand that the GLUT binding
cannot handle more than the standard Mouse-buttons I thought handling
the MouseWheel-buttons should work.
However, regardless of whether I actually want to know about
Mouse-Buttons my applications segfault when I trigger the
WheelUp-Button. WheelDown works as expected (They are reported as button
4 and 5 in X).
I don't know where that behaviour comes from - other buttons at least
give an error message about the missing marshalling.

I guess something is wrong with my setup as I could not find any similar
error report (AMD64, linux kernel 2.6.19 (64bit), X.org 7.2, GHC 6.6.1,
GLUT 2.1.1, OpenGL-2.2.1).

Any suggestions how to further investigate this ? I'm willing to add
hooks to the GLUT (?) package if someone can point me to the right
direction...

This is the output from doing a backtrace on the dumped core - not very
informative... :
#0  0x0000000000000000 in ?? ()
#1  0x00002b6f40ccd172 in __glutRegisterEventParser ()
   from /usr/lib/libglut.so.3
#2  0x00002b6f40ccdeb2 in glutMainLoop () from /usr/lib/libglut.so.3
#3  0x0000000000411c08 in
GLUTzm2zi1zi1_GraphicsziUIziGLUTziBegin_mainLoop_info
    ()
#4  0x000000000057b498 in stg_ap_0_fast ()
#5  0x0000000000529b98 in s5YF_info ()
#6  0x00002aaaaac8eaf8 in ?? ()
#7  0x00000000007c89d0 in ?? ()
#8  0x0000000000000000 in ?? ()