[HOpenGL] ANN: FTGL 1.0. Portable truetype font rendering in OpenGL

Jefferson Heard jefferson.r.heard at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 15:43:21 EDT 2008

Hi folks.  I've just released some Haskell bindings to FTGL at
http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/package/FTGL .
FTGL is an easy to use library for portable rendering of TrueType
fonts in OpenGL, with functions for creating bitmapped fonts,
texture-mapped fonts, buffered fonts, polygonal 2D fonts, and extruded
polygonal 3D fonts.  The code works on Windows and Linux.  I've not
tested it yet on the Mac.

To use FTGL in your programs, just import Graphics.Rendering.FTGL and use

do
  font <- createTextureFont "font.ttf"
  setFontFaceSize font 24 72
  renderFont font "some string"

More documentation can be found at the FTGL homepage at
http://ftgl.sourceforge.net

-- Jeff