[HOpenGL] Re: Fwd: OpenGLRaw

Sven Panne Sven.Panne at aedion.de
Tue Aug 18 12:11:49 EDT 2009

Am Dienstag, 18. August 2009 01:41:39 schrieb Andy Gill:
> After comparing the 'ghc-pkg describe' for GLUT 2.2.0.0 and GLUT
> 2.2.1.0,  on my OSX 10.5, this works for me:
>
>    if os(windows) && flag(UseNativeWindowsLibraries)
>       cpp-options: "-DCALLCONV=stdcall"
>       extra-libraries: glut32
>       cc-options: "-DUSE_GETPROCADDRESS"
>    else
>       cpp-options: "-DCALLCONV=ccall"
>       cc-options: "-DUSE_DLSYM"
>       if os(darwin)
>          frameworks: GLUT
>       else
>          extra-libraries: glut
>
> So a) + b). Other combinations (i've just tried them) do not work.
> Also, USE_NSADDRESSOFSYMBOL seems deprecated (ld gives link warnings),
> but -USE_DLSYM works, so I've also changed this.
>
> Please let me know how this works out.

OK, I've committed the changes above to the GLUT package repository. Could you
(or somebody else) post the corresponding sections of a working OpenGLRaw and
GLURaw Cabal file for OS X, please? I guess that they should both use dlsym(),
too, and both should contain a "framework: OpenGL" line instead of an extra-
libraries: line on this platform, correct?

Cheers,
   S.