[HOpenGL] hello

Sven Panne Sven.Panne at aedion.de
Thu May 7 12:07:34 EDT 2009

Am Mittwoch, 6. Mai 2009 00:49:18 schrieb Jeff Zaroyko:
> On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 3:59 AM, Corey O'Connor <coreyoconnor at gmail.com>
wrote:
> [...]
> Lessons 1-12 of the nehe-tuts are on hackage[1], thanks to Jason Dagit
> who also hosts the darcs repo[2] for the project.
>
> 1. http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/package/nehe-tuts
> 2. http://projects.codersbase.com/repos/nehe-tuts/

The GLUT package (http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-
scripts/package/GLUT) contains a lot of examples, too: Almost all examples
from the Red Book, one example from the Orange Book, examples from the initial
chapters of "Beginning OpenGL Game Programming" plus a few miscellaneous
examples. It would be nice if the NeHe tutorials were included in the GLUT
package, too. I'm not sure if I contacted Jason in the past or if he is
reading this list. Having as many examples in a single place would be good for
documentation purposes and testing.

My main intent was to keep the OpenGL API in Haskell as close to the C API as
possible, while providing a real "Haskell feeling", avoiding the need to re-
document each and every tiny detail from the almost 500 pages of the OpenGL
specification. Browsing through e.g. the Red Book examples should be more than
enough to get you started, at least if you know the Red Book, which I assume
most OpenGL programmers do.

Cheers,
   S.