[HOpenGL] renderString not working in ghci

Sven Panne Sven.Panne at aedion.de
Fri May 22 12:43:00 EDT 2009

Am Mittwoch, 20. Mai 2009 13:50:45 schrieb Matthijs Kooijman:
> > I've been playing around with GLUT (latest version from hackage, on
> > Debian) a bit yesterday and am having some troubles with renderString. It
> > works fine when I compile a binary using ghc, but when running from ghci
> > I get an error similar to the following (I don't have the actual error at
> > hand atm).
>
> It might be that this problem is amd64 specific. When running on a very
> similar setup on another i386 machine, font rendering works fine in both
> ghci and ghc.

I can reproduce this on openSUSE x86_64 with Misc/ARBOcclude from the GLUT
examples, too: Compiling + runnning works, loading the example into GHCi and
evaluation main leads to "freeglut (<interactive>): font 0x40c79328 not
found". I'll take a look when I find some time, but I am not 100% sure if this
a bug in the GLUT package or GHCi. Has this been cross-posted to ghc-bugs?

Cheers,
   S.