[HOpenGL] OpenGLRaw on Windows Vista

Tobias Bexelius tobias_bexelius at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 2 15:51:38 EDT 2009

Hi,

I'm having trouble with the new Opengl 2.3.0.0 that's based on openglRaw. When I run an old opengl example (http://netsuperbrain.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/teapots.hs) that used to work with previous versions of  HOpenGL, I get the following error:

teapots.exe: user error (unknown OpenGL extension entry glLightfv, check for GL_ARB_compatibility)

This seems reasonable (OpenGl 3.1 doesnt support that fixed-function stuff without explicitly turning it on), but when I try to run my own small test program I get similar errors for OpenGL 3.1 stuff too:

Test.exe: user error (unknown OpenGL extension entry glClearColor, check for OpenGL 3.1)

If I don't put the glut32.dll in the same directory as those examples, I get an error saying something like:

teapots.exe: user error (unknown GLUT entry glutInit)

so maybe I need to tell my executables where to find the opengl dll to link against. I've tried to put opengl32.dll in the same directory, but with no luck.

Suggestions, anyone? I have a Opengl 3.1 capable graphics card (ATI Radeon 4850) with new drivers (Castalyst 9.8).

/Tobias Bexelius