[HOpenGL] Hello HOpenGL

Balazs Komuves bkomuves at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 22:18:50 CEST 2011

Hi,

First of all, let me be clear in that I don't think the maintenance politics

is the most important thing here; however I'm all for more transparency,
and more public feedback before sudden ad-hoc changes (especially
when they go against my subjective tastes).

I think the not very transparent part was declaring yourself the maintainer
without having any public feedback. Also, the summer of code project
application was completely opaque, I've yet to see even the proposal,
and I'm here, on the libraries list, on reddit, I read the cafe archives,
tried to google it, and even asked for it explicitly on reddit.

Anyway, we should probably focus our energies on more meaningful stuff.

Maybe we can get your frame buffer objects in to the newer bindings?

Yes, of course I'm happy to help with it. However the patch was written
back before the OpenGL / OpenGLRaw split, so it's probably needs
some extra work to make it work with the current bindings, and I'm not
familiar with the new code base.

The patches are in this darcs patch file, the ones with "FBO" in the
http://code.haskell.org/~bkomuves/hopengl_2009-03-13.patch

 * Putting the repos on github
>  * Updating the Haskell wiki to point to github
>  * Creating a haskell-opengl organization on github to organize the
> development efforts

I'm not familiar with either git or github. Was the switch from darcs was
really justified at this point? I know that many people consider git/github
the best thing since sliced bread, but I fail to get the hype at the moment.

Furthermore, the haskell community server should have infrastructure
like bug-tracker etc already in place (or at least that was the case
before the server migration saga).

Balazs