[HOpenGL] Hello HOpenGL

Balazs Komuves bkomuves at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 23:13:02 CEST 2011

Someone needs to be the active maintainer.  I asked advice from a few
> people in the open source community and their advice was to just take
> over.  I'm sorry that part was not more democratic.  Would you like to
> be the maintainer?  I mean that sincerely.  I don't need to be the
> maintainer, but I do want to see the library continue and improve.  I
> plan to hand the reigns over in the future and I believe you know
> opengl and the haskell opengl well enough to fill that role.

I'm not against you being the maintainer, and I think I already stated
in a private mail that I do not wish to be the maintainer (maybe I would
volunteer to be a co-maintainer, but I don't have time to do even that
at the moment). However, I'm involved with Haskell and OpenGL
deeply enough that I care a lot about what happens, and I want to
ensure that there is at minimum a public discussion about issues on
which I disagree with the maintainer.

But seriously, we should just focus on the actual issues instead of
politics.

For example I think I listed more than 5 independent reasons for having
a different package (instead of just a new version) in case of
large/incompatible changes. Also I'm against dropping OpenGL 2.0
support, though that's a lesser problem if the new bindings is a
different package. I don't remember getting any reply on that.

Balazs