[HOpenGL] Raw generator

L Corbijn aspergesoepje at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 18:19:39 CET 2012

Hi,

The raw generator is quite complete. As far as I can see it does work,
and has the option for a compatibility layer for the old core and
produces the correct code (although that's hard to verify with 300+
modules ;) ). In addition I don't see many points of improvement to
the output  nor the internal structure. Therefore I would like to know
if the generated code and program is correct/good/according to
specification i.e. should it be changed? Because (as said) as far as I
can see it is all working.

For those of you who like to build it, the instructions are at the
end. If people would prefer an archive above the hassle of generating
it themselves please let me know.

Lars

* Build instructions *

The non hackage dependencies are:
opengl-api [1] includes some modifications on noteeds (thank you)
package for parsing the spec files.
CodeGenerating [2] a package with utility functions on top of haskell-src-exts

The generator can be found at [3] when compiled run it from the
directory with the source files (build root).
When running the generator the following options are probably useful:
--no-vendorf=novendor (removes the extensions from vendors listed in
the novendor file, to reduce the output a bit)
-o output (output to the `output` subdirectory)
-c (generate compatibility with the current OpenGLRaw)

[1] https://github.com/Laar/opengl-api
[2] https://github.com/Laar/CodeGenerating
[3] https://github.com/Laar/OpenGLRawgen