WinHelp file

John.Velman@HSC.com John.Velman@HSC.com
Wed, 11 Apr 2001 13:43:43 -0700

I previously compiled the hugs sources with Cygwin using the
unix process. It must have compiled out of the box (since I don't
know enough to have done any very complicated porting), and works
fine in the Cygwin environment from the bash window.

For a variety of reasons, I decided I'd see if I can live with
native windows versions of Haskell.  So..

I downloaded the win32exes.zip and hugs.hlp (linked from WinHelp
on the Hugs website).  I copied my docs, lib, icons, demos
directories from my source directory.

I certainly haven't tried anything exotic yet, but both hugs and
winhugs run and load the prelude, and seem happy enough side by
side (so to speak) with their un*xis cousin I compiled with
Cygwin.   However, when I hit 'help' on the winhugs menue, (or view
it from explorer) I get a message that this is not an ms help file,
or is corrupted.

Also, none of the other items on the help menu work (not surprisingly,
considering the contents of my docs directory).

Is there somewhere I can get the docs that belong here without
installing Microsoft installer?

By the way, winhugs is really very nice.  I'm glad I installed it.

I may well end up using winhugs instead of "Cygwin hugs" in much the
same way that I use the native windows vim (with gvim) instead of
the Cygwin vim.

Best,

John Velman
john.velman@hsc.com