Hugs November 2003 and cygwin

KarlPflästerer sigurd at 12move.de
Thu Dec 11 21:39:54 EST 2003

On 11 Dec 2003, Ross Paterson <- ross at soi.city.ac.uk wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 10, 2003 at 06:33:42PM +0100, Karl Pflästerer wrote:
>> > Did you try the instructions in docs/win32-notes.txt?

>> Actually not.  As I read them now I see I need mingw, happy and hsc2hs.
>> Are they all absolutely necessary?  Then I'd first had to install GHC
>> and I'm not sure if GHC can be compiled with Cygwin.

> Since you're working from a source distribution rather than CVS, I
> believe you don't need happy or hsc2hs.  I don't know about mingw, though.

So I tried my luck with gcc -mno-cygwin but I didn't succeed.  Having to
download mingw just for Hugs isn't my preferred solution.  So: does
anyone know if there are also precompiled binaries for Cygwin?  If all
fails I could use the Windows version but a cygwin version fits better
in my environment.

   KP

--
'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves