Parsec: GHC /= Hugs?

Ross Paterson ross@soi.city.ac.uk
Wed, 5 Mar 2003 13:58:30 +0000

[moving from haskell to hugs-users]

On Wed, Mar 05, 2003 at 02:31:35PM +0100, Markus.Schnell@infineon.com wrote:
> > Try the November release of Hugs with the +N option.
>
> Well, now Hugs and ghc show the same behaviour for my program:
> they don't parse my doc, even with the same error.

You did ask for compatibility :-)
Johannes Waldmann's suggestion may be relevant:

: "brackets is now called angles, while squares is now called brackets."

: see http://www.cs.uu.nl/~daan/parsec.html

> But the +N does not work: it says
> "New hierarchical libraries not found along search path; ignoring +N
> toggle."

I'm guessing that you're explicitly overriding the -P parameter.
The trick here is to say ";newdir", so it adds your new directory
to the standard ones (which are different between -N and +N).
(I think -- I don't know about the Windows interface.)

You want the search path to be something like

	{Hugs}\libraries;{Hugs}\oldlib;{Hugs}\lib\win32

with any other directories added on the end.