running hugs interpreter on mac os x

Hamilton Richards ham@cs.utexas.edu
Mon, 8 Sep 2003 08:33:53 -0500

At 10:20 PM -0700 9/6/03, Joseph LaVergne 3rd wrote:
>To whom it may concern,
>I have installed your interpreter on my mac in anticipation of
>taking computer science courses at my college in a few weeks. I am
>having problems though because I cannot get the program to run. I
>have installed both packages from your download web site. Please
>help me figure this out, thankyou Joe LaVergne 3rd.

Have you run the following commands in Terminal?

         echo "source /usr/share/tcsh/examples/rc"     > ~/.tcshrc
         echo "source /usr/share/tcsh/examples/login"  > ~/.login
         echo "source /usr/share/tcsh/examples/logout" > ~/.logout

If you haven't, running them may well solve your problem.

--Ham
Hamilton Richards, PhD           Department of Computer Sciences
Senior Lecturer                  The University of Texas at Austin
512-471-9525                     1 University Station C0500
Taylor Hall 5.138                Austin, Texas 78712-1188
ham@cs.utexas.edu                hrichrds@swbell.net