source-only release candidate

'Ross Paterson' ross at soi.city.ac.uk
Mon Sep 29 15:05:16 EDT 2003

Regarding building on Windows: what is missing are the libraries, which
need to be converted from the fptools ones useing a shell script, after
running configure.  I expect that this is possible, and possibly easy,
under Cygwin, but I don't know how to do it.  As a partial stopgap,
I've placed a conversion of most of the libraries (but not including
the Win32 libraries) at

	http://cvs.haskell.org/Hugs/downloads/Sep2003/libs.tar.gz

That contains the directories libraries and oldlib, which need to be in
your {Hugs} directory.

To use the FFI, you'll need to compile Hugs.Storable, as follows:

        ffihugs +G -P +L../libraries/Hugs/Storable_aux.c Hugs.Storable