[Hugs-users] Print version and quit

Dimitry Golubovsky dimitry at golubovsky.org
Sat Jul 24 23:31:26 EDT 2004

Leif Frenzel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is there an option for Hugs to just show a version string and quit
> immediately? (Could not find anything like that in the manual, and some
> plausible candidates I tried had not the desired effect.)

Have you tried something like this (quick and dirty; some more
sofisticated Perl solution might be suggested but I am not a Perl expert):

echo :Q|hugs|grep Version|tr -d "|_"

Release will print (e. g.):

    Version: November 2002

A CVS snapshot based executable will print (e. g.):

    Version: 20040720

To be more precise, some leading and trailing blanks may remain. But I'm
sure you can figure it out how to remove them (and the word Version: as
well if needed).

--
Dmitry M. Golubovsky
       South Lyon, MI