[Hugs-users] graphics

dfeustel at mindspring.com dfeustel at mindspring.com
Thu Dec 28 19:27:20 EST 2006

Ross wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 27, 2006 at 11:13:43PM +0000, dfeustel at mindspring.com wrote:
> > I had done an install of hugs98 into /usr/local/lib/hugs but I notice
> > that almost none of the hugs98 packages got copied into /usr...
> > So I set HUGSDIR=path/to/packages/in/my/user/account.
>
> The X11 and HGL packages won't be built if the system you built Hugs on
> lacks an X11 build environment (check hugs98/packages/X11/X11.buildinfo).
> (Similarly OpenGL, GLUT, OpenAL, ALUT.)  But at least a dozen packages
> should be built and installed in all cases.
>
> You could set HUGSDIR=.../hugs98/hugsdir but the packages in there
> should all be installed by make install.  Pointing at the top-level
> source directory gets you the unprocessed source files, which won't work.
>
> > I keep getting new "not found" errors for include files pulled in
> > by the soe.hs file.
>
> I presume you mean imports rather that includes.  Perhaps you could
> post some of what happens.

I committed a couple of the sins you mentioned above. I wound up
deleting the Hugs98-sept-2006 which I had built and installing the
prebuilt OpenBSD package of Hugs98-03.2005. A lot of things started
working. I found the hugs98 demos directory and all the graphics programs
worked. I think I am starting to get the hang of Hugs98. :-)