[Hugs-users] Record puns, time for removal?

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Fri Oct 27 18:09:59 EDT 2006

Hi

> i don't propose it for h' because
> current records implementation in haskell seems like somewhat
> temporary solution

It sounds like functional dependencies are also going to be temporary
feature, until whatever replaces them. If anyone wants to use puns
this time next year, I recommend someone proposes them for Haskell
Prime - they have 2 implementations, are well established,
theoretically sound and seem to have a lot more people who want them
than I ever knew!

Yet despite this, I never even knew they existed, and there are quite
a few places I could have used them, now I know what they are.

Thanks

Neil