[Hugs-users] A New Notation for Arrows

bft bfotsing at gmail.com
Thu May 31 15:07:13 EDT 2007

On Thu, May 31, 2007 at 02:55:49PM +0100, bft wrote:
>* Is there any version of Haskell (Hugs or Ghc) which includes the new
*>* notation of arrows introduced by Ross Paterson ?  Instead, where can I get
*>* it ? The Control.Arrow.hs file did not include the new notation of
*>* arrows.
*
*Ross Paterson wrote :*
> It's supported by GHC 6.2 and later, with the -farrows option
>(see the GHC User's Guide).  To use arrow notation with Hugs or
> any other Haskell implementation, you need the arrows preprocessor
>(http://www.haskell.org/arrows/download.html).

Thank you for your prompt answer.

I tried to download the  x86/Linux Binary Release
arrowp-0.5-linux-i386.tgz at
http://www.haskell.org/arrows/download.html ; but it failed with this
message :
"Not Found
The requested URL /arrows/arrowp-0.5-linux-i386.tgz was not found on
this server."

I tried the Unix Source Release: arrowp-0.5-src.tgz, but I failed when
building it on my Linux Fedora Core 6 system.
I have a ghc-6.6.1 Haskell compiler and the Hugs98 (march 2005 version)
Haskell interpreter.

Thanks again for your help.
Bernard Fotsing Talla