[Haskell-iPhone] Building ghc-ios fails with older version of hoopl

Peter Jones mlists at pmade.com
Fri Feb 22 20:53:48 CET 2013

Peter Jones <mlists at pmade.com> writes:
> I'm building ghc-ios for the first time and ran into this:
>
>     compiler/cmm/BlockId.hs:18:8:
>         Could not find module `Compiler.Hoopl.GHC'
>         It is a member of the hidden package `hoopl-3.8.7.3'.
>         Use -v to see a list of the files searched for.
>     make[1]: *** [compiler/stage1/build/.depend-v.haskell] Error 1
>     make: *** [all] Error 2

This actually doesn't have anything to do with the currently installed
hoopl package, it's related to the hoopl package tucked away in the
libraries directory.

If you do a fresh checkout of ghc-ios you wind up with too new of a
version of libraries/hoopl.  The fix is to checkout the
remotes/origin/ghc-7.4 branch.

The same applies to libraries/directory and libraries/process.

I'm maintaining a script to keep this all straight:

  https://github.com/pjones/ghc-ios-util/blob/master/ghc/checkout.sh

--
Peter Jones --- Love to Develop
303-219-0226 http://devalot.com