[jhc] darcs patches with working "foreign export"

Samuel Bronson naesten at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 20:05:22 EDT 2007

This is everything you need for it to work ... and some things you don't need.
Conflicts with that patch that tried to use unsafeCoerce.

I changed the Info item of type FfiExport to be of type
(FfiExport,([ExtType],ExtType)). This can probably be cleaned up
somehow. I also don't think that the 'x' and 'X' tags in Grin names
should be needed, but I'm not sure how to get rid of them.

FromGrin2.convertFunc uses the type info to generate a function of the
appropriate type by making new variables for the arguments and
assigning the values of those to the old variables. (Which for some
reason magically get declared now.) For the return type, it just hopes
for the best right now...

Mon Jul  2 20:47:22 EDT 2007  Samuel Bronson <naesten at gmail.com>
  * Add foreign import "dynamic" support

Fri Jul  6 12:11:13 EDT 2007  Samuel Bronson <naesten at gmail.com>
  * Remove E/FromHs.hs~ from repo

Fri Jul  6 18:56:11 EDT 2007  Samuel Bronson <naesten at gmail.com>
  * Get pure foreign exports through E... Grin forgets them though

Sat Jul  7 14:19:32 EDT 2007  Samuel Bronson <naesten at gmail.com>
  * Get foreign exports through Grin, yay!

Sat Jul  7 14:19:50 EDT 2007  Samuel Bronson <naesten at gmail.com>
  * Make "make ghci" an alias for "make i"

Sat Jul  7 16:11:43 EDT 2007  Samuel Bronson <naesten at gmail.com>
  * Add unsafePerformIO to wired-in functions

Sat Jul  7 16:43:26 EDT 2007  Samuel Bronson <naesten at gmail.com>
  * Implement foreign exports returning IO () (clumsily)

Sat Jul  7 16:47:23 EDT 2007  Samuel Bronson <naesten at gmail.com>
  * tag things to make Grin happyier about my 'c' functions. I don't really understand this, which is why I made a seperate patch...

Sun Jul  8 00:24:26 EDT 2007  Samuel Bronson <naesten at gmail.com>
  * FFI test case: exercises import, export, and import dynamic

Mon Jul  9 19:38:11 EDT 2007  Samuel Bronson <naesten at gmail.com>
  * Yay! "foreign export", really working!