[jhc] darcs patch: Add Control.Monad.Instances to base package (and 4 more)

Samuel Bronson naesten at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 23:22:47 EDT 2008

On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 10:06 PM, John Meacham <john at repetae.net> wrote:
> Hi, could you re-record all of your patches dealing with getting
>  instances of function to work as a single patch with the finished
>  result?  (just the jhc changes, not the library ones)

I sent multiple patches about (->)? I was pretty sure I had just sent
the one... that one that removes a case from that ki function was
purely cosmetic.

>  Also, if you arn't already, running the regression suite between every
>  change to the type system is good. (perl regress/regress.prl) will do
>  that. That suite really needs to be fleshed out actually, I will probably
>  add some of the more problematic nobench programs to it.

Okay.

>  Is the arrows package available seperately from ghc? if so, I would
>  rather have it be a separate library and not in 'base' for jhc.. perhaps
>  we should do something like we do for the haskell98 package, have the
>  user pull down that darcs repo and just include appropriate 'cabal'
>  files in the jhc repo, that might be a better long term solution.

Er, well, there is an arrow[s] package, but Control.Arrow is
apparantly in base, along with all of those others. I suppose we could
stick it in some other package for JHC's purposes. Really, I just want
to be able to compile the collections package... because then I can
instantiate Set as a (bounded below) lattice in my test code for class
aliases ;-).