[jhc] dynamic library support?

Isaac Dupree ml at isaac.cedarswampstudios.org
Thu Aug 6 23:32:20 EDT 2009

John Meacham wrote:
> you use the '-p' option like '-pcontainers'. The p stands for 'package'.
> I sometimes call libraries packages and vice versa. I had some reasoning
> for this back in the day, but it may no longer be relevant, what do
> people think I should do to clean up the terminology?

even GHC has/had this confusion.  What's the difference anyway?  Well I
guess a package can be an executable program, or can be a library.  I
doubt the terminology makes much difference, just pick something consistent.

Maybe you use '-p' and not '-l' so that '-l' can mean exactly what it
means to the C compiler?

-Isaac