[jhc] dynamic library support?

John Meacham john at repetae.net
Fri Aug 7 00:03:41 EDT 2009

On Fri, Aug 07, 2009 at 01:51:12PM +1000, Mark Wotton wrote:
>> Hmm.. yeah, that means it thinks the 'containers' library is out of
>> date
>> for some reason, which it shouldn't as libraries don't go out of date.
>>
>> How did you install? via a tarball or rpm? it is possible I
>> accidentally
>> included a stale '.hl' in a distribution. Or do you have any files
>> like
>> Data/Map.hs sitting around that would conflict with something inside
>> of
>> the hl file? that also could possibly make jhc think the library was
>> stale.
>
> the 0.6.1 tarball. No files named Map.hs in that directory, possibly
> somewhere else on the filesystem but I'm not sure where jhc looks.
> should i grab the libs from darcs, or are they broken?

Hmm.. I must have had a stale containers when I put together that
tarball.

A quick workaround would be to pull the containers source with

; darcs get http://darcs.haskell.org/packages/containers

then add -icontainers to the command line, it will then use the files
directly out of said directory.

        John