[jhc] dynamic library support?

Mark Wotton mwotton at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 03:38:25 EDT 2009

On 07/08/2009, at 2:03 PM, John Meacham wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 07, 2009 at 01:51:12PM +1000, Mark Wotton wrote:
>> the 0.6.1 tarball. No files named Map.hs in that directory, possibly
>> somewhere else on the filesystem but I'm not sure where jhc looks.
>> should i grab the libs from darcs, or are they broken?
>
> Hmm.. I must have had a stale containers when I put together that
> tarball.
>
> A quick workaround would be to pull the containers source with
>
> ; darcs get http://darcs.haskell.org/packages/containers
>
> then add -icontainers to the command line, it will then use the files
> directly out of said directory.

Heh, probably shouldn't have tried to build that on a VM. think it ran
out of memory a long time before it came close :)

oh, also, jhc won't run on Mac OS, it's missing a header file

17:35 ~/src/jhc-0.6.1 % cat Foo.hs
main = putStrLn "foo"
17:35 ~/src/jhc-0.6.1 % jhc Foo.hs
Optimize.optimize.let-shrink-tail
Optimize.optimize.unit-unit
Optimize.optimize.unit-unit
Optimize.optimize.let-unbox-const.{&("CJhc.Basics.()")
hs.out_code.c:62:20: error: endian.h: No such file or directory
user error (C code did not compile.)

I do have these files:

/usr/include/i386/endian.h
/usr/include/machine/endian.h