[jhc] bug in library build?

John Meacham john at repetae.net
Mon Aug 17 20:13:26 EDT 2009

On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 09:34:18AM +1000, Mark Wotton wrote:
> I think stuff like this should really be in a script somewhere -
> something like GHC's darcs-all.
> This is slightly selfish, of course: currently I need the no-main
> functionality that's only in the darcs build,
> so I have to include detailed instructions on how to install ghc, darcs,
> DRiFT and jhc in my own project. What are your plans re the next release?

Well, the tarballs don't require anything but ghc, so if you want to
distribute your tree to someone else, you can just do a 'make dist' and
send them the tarball that is generated. Automated tarballs from the
darcs tree would be very nice to have actually.

my release plans were to produce a 0.7.0 that has the front end
improvements I have been working on recently, the redone library and ho
support, the better progress updates, the automatic use of the ho cache,
and so forth. Then do a 0.8.0 release that has back end improvements, a
better code generator and a linear type analysis grin phase.

0.7.0 will likely be sometime this week, though if people can test the
current darcs version, that would be nice. A _lot_ of front end code has
changed since the last release, and I will likely make 0.7.0 a 'big
release' in that I post it to the general haskell lists in addition to
the jhc one.

I may put a 0.6.9 in there for jhc people to play with that want to use
the tarball or yum repository before the official 0.7.0 release.

        John