[jhc] bug in library build?

Mark Wotton mwotton at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 19:34:18 EDT 2009

On 18/08/2009, at 8:59 AM, John Meacham wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 16, 2009 at 02:33:46PM +1000, Mark Wotton wrote:
>>
>> this is with a current repo, plus the changes I've just sent to the
>> list.
>> Any ideas?
>
> Did you pull in the source for haskell98 and containers from their
> respective darcs repositories? It is described in the
> docs/development.mkd file.

Argh, I'm an idiot - forgot haskell98 somehow. Sorry.

> Do you think 'meta-development-info' like this should be
> integrated into the main jhc manual? Actually, when you set up the
> buildbot, it would be cool to have a snapshot of the development
> manual
> online somewhere..

I think stuff like this should really be in a script somewhere -
something like GHC's darcs-all.
This is slightly selfish, of course: currently I need the no-main
functionality that's only in the darcs build,
so I have to include detailed instructions on how to install ghc,
darcs, DRiFT and jhc in my own project. What are your plans re the
next release?

I haven't had a lot of time to work on the buildbot, as I'm giving a
talk at FP-Sydney on Thursday, but I should be able to get onto it
pretty soon.

mark