[jhc] where's the appropriate place to put regression tests for compile bugs?

Mark Wotton mwotton at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 02:19:10 EDT 2009

I've been having a bit of a poke about the regression tests, and all
the tests seem to be for single Main files.
One of my test cases that fails is for compiling a separate module -
the bug doesn't manifest if you change it to Main.
John, have you got a plan for expanding the test suite to cover this
sort of thing?

On another note, it'd be nice to have some basic integration/
functionality tests - ensure that a given jhc tree can build something
using containers, for instance, or build a sensible dynamic library
(my own personal bugbear). Have you thought about using one of the
test frameworks for Haskell? Or even one of the more generic Perl test
frameworks, given that regress.prl is in Perl already?

Cheers
mark (JAJH)