[jhc] ANNOUNCE: jhc 0.7.1

John Meacham john at repetae.net
Tue Aug 25 21:33:58 EDT 2009

On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 04:52:15PM +0200, Maarten Hazewinkel wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> I just did a basic (and first-time-ever) install on my Macbook.
> It's working just fine on a small test program I tried.
>
> The only hitch in the install was getting the readline library
> set up correctly. Cabal has some problems finding the right
> native library.
> I found a solution in this message:
> http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/libraries/2009-May/011597.html
> That shows how to direct cabal to pick up a find/macports version
> of the readline library.
>
> It might be worth mentioning that somewhere in the docs.

Thanks for the report. I'd actually like to remove readline as a
dependency at some point, it is only used by jhci which is more of a
debugging tool for jhc developers than anything.

Though, now that Mark has shown dynamic linking to work, perhaps it
would be possible to turn it into a real command line interface like
ghci...

        John