[jhc] trouble with jhc 0.7.1

John Meacham john at repetae.net
Fri Aug 28 20:15:07 EDT 2009

On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 12:41:02PM -0400, David Roundy wrote:
> When I do 'rm *.hl' and make libs in the tarball directory, I get an error:
>
> The output follows, which is rather lengthy, but might help.  The
> final error is once again:
>
> user error (Codec.Compression.Zlib: incompatible zlib version)

I am not sure. that happens right when it makes the first zlip call to
'compress', so I think something must be wacky with your haskell zlib
install. Since binary is not involved at that point.  perhaps you can
try to erase and reinstall the zlib module? is it possible that when you
built it it linked against a different zlib than it is finding at run
time?

        John