[jhc] some jhc weirdness

John Meacham john at repetae.net
Fri Mar 20 20:15:05 EDT 2009

Interesting. I actually use BinaryTrees as a test because it has the
known bug that it segfaults at 17 or above as the argument. It actually
tickles a memory leak in the generated code, and is quite reproducable
so I have been using it to diagnose said memory leak. However, I somehow
never noticed that it wasn't printing out the strings at the beginning
of the lines. that seems like a more interesting bug. hmm....

Also, I thought Text.Printf was working in jhc, is it not for you?
perhaps I forgot to include it in base in my latest build or
accidentally broke it, A regression test that hammered Text.Printf would
be useful as it would cover a lot of interesting bits of the class
system implementation. If anyone wants to write one that would be great.

As far as bug trackers go, anyone have preferences for bugzilla vs trac?
I have a bugzilla set up already for other projects so that is quite
easy, but I notice a lot of people seem to like trac nowadays but I am
less familiar with that.

I wish fogbugz were free for open source projects, it is really nice.

        John

--
John Meacham - ⑆repetae.net⑆john⑈